Popular Famous And American-born Nigerian recording artist, performer and Hit record producer David Adedeji Adeleke better known by his stage name Davido, was born on November 21, 1992.
The young star is the co-owner of HKN Music, a record label that has produced songs for Naeto C, Skales, Tiwa Savage, and Sauce Kid
Davido (David Adeleke) Biography, Age, Wiki, Career, Girlfriend, Wife, Songs, Awards, Networth
Davido was born in Atlanta, Georgia in 1992, to a business magnate father Chief Deji and a university lecturer mother late Vero Adeleke. The young artist is related to Isiaka Adeleke who was the first civilian Governor of Osun State, a former two-time Nigerian senator who represented the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun State from 2007 to 2011 and until his death in 2017, he served again under the political banner of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015. His uncle Demola Adeleke is the current Senator-Elect representing Osun-west senatorial district in Nigeria.
He relocated to Lagos with his parents at a very tender age and acquired his early primary education at the British International School located in Lagos. After his secondary education, he got admission to study Business Administration at Oakwood University but had to drop out because of bad grades.
The Beginning Of His Music Career
Davido achieved one significant thing in Oakwood – his interest in music. After dropping out of Oakwood, he relocated to London where he developed his vocals some more. He started off by acquiring some musical instruments and making beats as well as recording vocal references. Upon his return to Nigeria, he agreed to his father’s persuasion and enrolled in Babcock University where he bagged a degree in music.
Davido released his debut album “Omo Baba Olowo” in 2012, which includes the singles Back When featuring Naeto C, Dami Duro, All of You, Overseas featuring Sina Rambo, “Ekuro,” “Gbon Gbon” and “Feel Alright” which featured Ice Prince. Asa Asika was then his first manager
Davido Other Songs and Album
In 2013, his songs were One of a kind, Gobe, and Skelewu.
2014 – Aye, and Tchlete (Goodlife) featuring Mafikizolo.
In 2015 – Dodo, The money featuring Olamide, Owonikoko, Fans Mi featuring Meek Mill, and The Sound featuring Uhuru and DJ Buckz.
He released his second album Son of Mercy, EP in Oct. 2016. The album featured Simi, Nasty C, and Tinashe. Its singles are Gbagbe Oshi, Maga 2 Mugu, Coolest Kid in Africa, Return and How Long.
Davido released If, Fall, Pere, Fia, and Like dat in 2017.
In 2018, his songs include Flora my flawa, Assurance, Nwa Baby and Wonder Woman.
Awards And Nominations
Within a short time of his music career, Davido has received a total of 29 awards from 74 nominations. His awards include BET Award, a Kora Award, a Channel O Music Video Award a Ghana Music Award, a Nigeria Music Video Award, 2 MTV Africa Music Awards, 2 African Muzik Magazine Awards, 5 The headies Awards, 7 Nigeria Entertainment Awards and 2 Dynamix All Youth Awards.
Davido Music WorldWide
Davido founded his music label DMW, in 2016. He founded it shortly after signing up with Sony Music. Several top musicians signed under the label imprint. Some of them include: Teli, Peruzi, Mayorkun, Dremo and others.
Davido reportedly signed a 30million naira endorsement deal with MTN on April 6, 2012. Thus, he was unveiled as the face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign for one of the telecom network tariff plans targetted at Nigerian youths.
On October 24, 2013, it was reported that Guinness Nigeria signed Davido to an endorsement deal, after which he performed at the Guinness World of More Concert alongside other popular artists.
Davido co-founded HKN Music with his elder brother, Adewale Adeleke. Today, the record label is home to many artists. He has also produced for numerous artists like Skales, Tiwa Savage, Naeto C and many more.
Other Business Deals
- Someone might be wondering what is the source of Davido’s wealth? Apart from coming from a wealthy family, Davido also has some houses in Nigeria and US.
- The young music star has signed some endorsement deal, and he is a brand ambassador to AXE, Travelbeta and some prominent companies like Pepsi, MTN etc.
- On April 6, 2012, Davido was reported to have signed an endorsement deal of N30 million with MTN, the largest mobile network in Africa. He was unveiled as the Face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign for youths in Nigeria.
- On Oct. 24, 2013, he was also endorsed by Guinness Nigeria where he performed in the company’s ‘World of More Concert’, alongside other top Nigerian Music Artiste like Olamide, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, D’banj and many more.
- On May 9, 2018, he was announced to have signed an endorsement deal with Infinix mobile, a Hong-Kong based smartphone manufacturer.
Davido with his first daughter Imade
Though still single, Davido has a daughter Imade Adeleke with his baby mama Sophia Momodu, the cousin of veteran journalist turned politician, Dele Momodu. The birth of Imade was a very trying time for both Davido and Sophie. The situation was made worse by the many negative and inciting reports about the paternity of the child and the fact that Sophie is older than Davido. His second daughter Hailey Veronica Adeleke was had by his American girlfriend, Amanda, in May 2017.
Other Facts You Need To Know About Davido
- He was the first graduate from the department music in Babcock University, Ilishan Remo – Ogun state.
- He signed Mayorkun and Dremo to his self-owned record label (DMW).
- Davido signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria and has partnered with Guinness Nigeria for the “Guinness World of More” concert.
- Davido’s mother, Veronica Adeleke died in March 2003 when he was just age 10.
- Davido’s is said to have an estimated net worth of $14 million.
- In May 2017, he was listed on Forbes Africa Magazine as among Africa’s Top 10 Bankable artists.