A business mogul and flawless beauty, Toyin Lawani is an entrepreneur who runs over 30 enterprises under one roof “Tiannah’s Place Empire”.
She is known with diverse business ventures, she is a skin care specialist, she runs a salon, she owns a photo studio, owner of restaurant, she is the proprietor of a nail, fashion and modelling school. Then what else does she not do?
Toyin Lawani is a popular Nigerian entrepreneur born on March 1, 1982 in Ekiti State.
Her late mum was into textile business before her death while her father was the famous Olanrewaju Lawani, a politician who worked with General Gowon.
She is the step daughter of the renowned fuji musician, Sir Shina Peters.
Toyin obtained a Bachelors degree in English Language from University of Lagos.
She also enrolled at the Oprah Benson training institute and had attended Los Angeles School of Fashion for a Diploma Course, Exodus Hair School in India and Johnyim Fashion and Beauty Institute in Korea.
Toyin Lawani Biography, siblings, photos, Mother, siblings, Husband, Entertainment Career
Toyin Lawani Career
Toyin Lawani began her career at a tender age as she was already a proud owner of a boutique and mini supermarket.
She started by giving fashion advice and styling her friends for events.
She had since grown to become one of the most sought after stylist in the Nigerian music industry.
As a stylist, she has worked with many top celebrities across the world such as Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, Stephanie Okereke, Funke Akindele, Keri Hilson, Natalie Nunn, Ciara, Emma Nyra and so on.
Aside her numerous business ventures, She is also music video director and has shot two music videos for her baby daddy.
She is also an author of a book, Be Unstoppable and that shows how educated she is.
Toyin Lawani Personal Life
Toyin Lawani is said to have dated Nigerian artist, Lord Trigg for almost 3 years and they gave birth to a baby boy maned Lord Maine. She also has a daughter from her previous relationship.
She was rumored to have dated the Lagos State Commissioner for Waterfront Infrastructure, Segun Oniru.
She was also alleged to have a relationship with Taiwo Afolabi who is the Sifax Group boss and father to singer, L.A.X.
Toyin Lawani Awards And Endorsements
Toyin Lawani has won many awards which include:
- City People Entertainment Special Recognition Award.
- Stylist of the year at ELOY awards 2015.
Toyin Lawani Achievements
Toyin Lawani is the first Nigerian designer to organize a celebrity and kids runway show simultaneously.
She was a guest judge on the first Nigeria’s Next Top Designer show which was held in Lagos.
She is the creative director of Exquisite Magazine and her designs and styling skills have graced editorials for numerous Nigerian magazines including Complete Fashion and so on.
She is the first to create the Denim Agbada designs. Some of her other notable collections include The Transformer Collection, Dream Collection, Asiko Collection, Face Collection, Ready to wear Collection and many others.
Toyin Lawani Net Worth
Toyin Lawani is said to have a house in Lekki worth over N300m. She also has numerous business in the country including a restaurant, a fashion school, a salon, a boutique, spa, a designer’s studio, a travel agency and many others.
You can reach her on Instagram @Tiannahsplacempire
Here are 10 Facts you need to know about the gorgeous Nigerian fashion guru and entrepreneur, Toyin Lawani:
1. Toyin Lawani was born in 1982 from a very rich and prestigious family in Ekiti State.
2. Her father, Olanrewaju Lawani was the famous politician who worked with General Gowon. Her mother owned a textile business in the USA.
3. Her grandfather was a Commissioner of Police and her grandmother is the Reagent of Ikole Ekiti in Ekiti State.
4. Her mother groomed her to be an entrepreneur but her father wanted her to be a lawyer. She holds a Bachelor Degree in English Language from the University of Lagos.
5. She mentioned in an interview that by the age of 16, she owned a boutique, a mini supermarket and a spa while studying at the University of Lagos.
6. She owns her own range of skin care products called “Tiannah’s Glow”. She also opened a fashion academy called “TiannahStyling Fashion Academy”.
7. She has won a number of awards including the City People Awards and also the Stylist of the Year award at the 2014 ELOY Awards.
8. She is engaged to the upcoming Nigerian musician, Lord Trigg and they are blessed with two children.
9. She has styled and worked with prominent entertainment stars like Banky W, Tiwa Savage, D’Prince, Kelly Rowland, Destiny’s child and Tonte Dike to mention a few.
10. She is currently working on a reality TV show project titled “Diary of a Fashion Guru” which is scheduled to be aired in Nigeria and across Africa.